With Halo 3 dropping for PC, there is a lot to be excited about. Without even mentioning how first-person shooters control better with a mouse and keyboard, there are new features as well as updates to the classic modes that will make Halo 3 for PC a must-have.
The game requires players to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam to gain access to Halo 3 on PC.
What To Expect From Halo 3 For PC
Halo 3 For PC Includes:
- Multiplayer. The iconic multiplayer from Halo 3 will include 24 maps, as well as the game modes and weapons we’re accustomed to.
- Campaign mode. The 11 missions from the original Halo 3 return in beautifully updated glory.
- Forge mode: Forge editing is back, allowing players to manipulate where various weapons and vehicles will spawn on the map, creating a perfectly customized multiplayer experience.
- Theater: Theater mode returns, allowing players to go through old campaign and multiplayer footage. Complete with options to fast-forward, rewind, screenshot and more.
New To the PC Version:
- Visuals. Halo 3 on PC can run at 4K UHD and a consistent 60+ FPS pending you have the proper system requirements. There is also extensive customization for controls and game performance.
- Progression system. Since the game is part of the Halo: The Master Chief Collection, there is a completely updated progression system for Halo 3 that pulls from the collection.
- Full controller support. Whether you want to feel nostalgic with an Xbox controller, stick with a mouse and keyboard or try something else, Halo 3 on PC includes full controller support.
Halo 3 Tournaments?
As of right now, there are no official or large-scale Halo 3 tournaments planned; however it’s worth staying up to date by following the official Halo Twitter account for any potential announcements, as well as more updates on Halo: Infinite, which is set to drop later this month.
There are also ample resources for the hardcore competitive scene; the Competitive Halo Reddit, which also links to a hardcore Halo PC Discord, is a good start for those who really want to get involved with the hardcore side of Halo 3.
While Halo might not get back to the status it had during the MLG days, it’s great to see 343 Industries continue to roll out these PC ports, and Halo 3 will certainly be a welcome update to a 2000’s FPS classic.
Be sure to go download Halo 3 now!